4 events

Here are 4 events that inspired me to record my learning journey as a blog:
1. In November 2005 I attended Professional Development courses run by Jacqui Sharp – "Digital Cameras for real Beginners and 101 Ways to use your Digital Camera."

2. I was next inspired by Dorothy Burt who spoke about classroom blogging at a Teachers Conference in Palmerston North in January 2010.

3. My wonderful techie and future focussed husband, Julien, continues to inspire and challenge me to try out new "technology." Hence my iPhone is now my favourite device that I am addicted to and would be lost without. Together with my iPad it has made it so easy for me to keep in touch with current changes in technology.

4. The last event that catapulted me in the deep end and showed me what could be happening in my school, was attending the ISTE conference in San Diego in July 2012. This conference opened my eyes, inspired and motivated me to share my learning. This blog, hopefully, will have ideas to inspire you to get e-learning happening in your classroom.


Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blogger - Our Class Blog

I still see a need for a class blog and Blogger still seems to be the best platform to share with the parent community what the class or Syndicate is doing. 2013 saw The Bachelors' Blog become a Syndicate blog where I was in control of what was posted. Usually weekly I would post a least one photo with a caption to show what the learning for the week was. I would always update the Star of The Week photo too. A weekly commitment but that's what a blog is all about - regular communication with the parent community.

No comments:

Post a Comment